COVID test in Busan, South Korea

We are traveling from Korea to the U.S., and need to show a negative COVID test at the airport. Has anyone had good luck with a particular site? It seems like some locations only send you a text message with the result, which doesn’t seem to satisfy the requirements.
posted by molla to Travel & Transportation around South Korea (2 answers total)

I think you'll likely have more luck finding an answer to this question in an "Expats in Korea" or "Expats in Seoul"-type Facebook group. You could also on the Korea subreddit.
posted by matkline at 11:13 PM on February 15, 2021

I travelled to the US recently, but not from Korea. Nevertheless, the process may be comparable.

I had a lateral flow test/rapid antigen test at my departure airport. This was also the cheapest option. I allowed time before the flight left, got a clear result which was checked by the airline before they issued a boarding pass. No one else checked it, although I believe US authorities can elect to do so.

So, you could usefully do two things; firstly check that the US is still accepting lateral flow/rapid antigen tests and then check whether you can have one at the airport on day of travel.

The risk, of course, is that it comes back positive. According to the people who took my test, about 15% of tests come back positive, all travellers with asymptomatic symptoms.

At the moment many airlines are letting travellers rebook their flights for free, even on day of travel.
posted by einekleine at 7:42 AM on February 16, 2021

« Older What are some Good Questions?   |   MeFi moms: How did you manage dentistry for your... Newer »