An old tv show

I'm trying to think of a 1950's tv show about a man that involved still cartoon drawings. His name may have been something like "Winslow"
posted by mcbeitz to Media & Arts (6 answers total)

Something involving Winsor McCay, perhaps? He did great comics (see Little Nemo), and dabbled in early animation -- his Gertie the Dinosaur is one of the first, from 1914.
posted by Rash at 3:37 PM on January 25, 2021

My World and Welcome To It, starring William Wyndham (?) as a Thurber-esque cartoonist?
posted by puddledork at 3:38 PM on January 25, 2021 [6 favorites]

Not '50s, not really still, but I wonder: La Linea?
posted by metabaroque at 3:41 PM on January 25, 2021

Puddledork is referencing this underrated 1969 show.
posted by zaixfeep at 5:09 PM on January 25, 2021 [1 favorite]

Was it the "draw along on your magic screen at home" cartoon Winky Dink and You? Host was Jack Barry.
posted by a humble nudibranch at 5:29 PM on January 25, 2021

I agree with puddledork. You're probably thinking of My World and Welcome To It, starring the great William Windom. It was loosely based on the life and work of cartoonist James Thurber. Not the 50's, though, but time has a habit of getting garbled.
posted by Thorzdad at 6:06 AM on January 26, 2021

« Older Help me sneaker shop, online.   |   Advice about heavy and prolonged periods for a... Newer »