Where can I buy more hair tie holders?
November 9, 2020 12:26 PM   Subscribe

I have a bunch of hair ties. Sometimes they come with a plastic ring that snaps open and closed. You can put your hair ties on it and they'll stay together. Where can I buy more of these??? I have searched every possible phrase that could describe these on aliexpress and they just don't come up. The ponytail rings look like this. I want maybe 10 and I don't care what color they come in. The so far tried names for the ring: ponytail holder keeper, hair tie ring, scrunchie holder.

The only other things that kind of come close are carabiners and shower curtain rings.
posted by starlybri to Shopping (16 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Those look similar to opening O rings. Also here.
posted by Pretty Good Talker at 12:31 PM on November 9, 2020 [1 favorite]

Plastic snap rings?
posted by carbide at 12:32 PM on November 9, 2020

Loose-leaf binder rings would work - you can get them in the office-supply aisle at Target.
posted by Sweetie Darling at 12:33 PM on November 9, 2020 [5 favorites]

I use those binder rings for this and all kinds of things, I adore them.
posted by Lyn Never at 12:39 PM on November 9, 2020

shower curtain rings would work as well, a bit sturdier.
posted by theora55 at 12:39 PM on November 9, 2020 [3 favorites]

Can get snapping key rings at any hardware store - would work for this.
posted by leslies at 12:49 PM on November 9, 2020

I use small aluminum carabiners to corral hair ties. They are thin, lightweight, very inexpensive and come in an array of colors.
posted by jamaro at 1:01 PM on November 9, 2020 [2 favorites]

They make plastic rings for snapping kid toys to strollers and car seats that look like this.
posted by MadMadam at 1:02 PM on November 9, 2020 [1 favorite]

seconding shower curtain rings - color metals
posted by Iris Gambol at 1:04 PM on November 9, 2020

Any chance this is them?

I don't know what else something like this would be used for, but I have hair below my ears for the first time in my adult life only because of haircut quarantine so I don't know anything about long hair accessories.
posted by phunniemee at 3:07 PM on November 9, 2020

I have never seen this. And now I need to use something like that. Currently, I keep my hair tie/scrunchies in a plastic sandwich bag.
posted by kathrynm at 3:55 PM on November 9, 2020

Wow, you all found good substitutes! I will check them out! Phunnieme, those are really close. The ones I have are about as big as a bracelet and plastic.
posted by starlybri at 4:08 PM on November 9, 2020

Would these binder rings work? Also known as book rings or loose leaf rings, for more options.
posted by kittydelsol at 4:11 PM on November 9, 2020

"Hinged bracelet" and "hinged bangle" bring up some nice options for you, too, if you want something a bit fancier.
posted by Jilder at 4:20 PM on November 9, 2020

I think you're describing a Pony-O. Ads followed me around on Insta and FB for MONTHS. (And now they will again, sigh.)
posted by cyndigo at 8:47 PM on November 9, 2020 [1 favorite]

Book Rings are super cheap at any office supply store and would perform the same function.
posted by WeekendJen at 8:11 AM on November 10, 2020

« Older One of my Chrome accounts is just GONE & I...   |   Virtual cookies Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments