What song did I hear?

I heard this song a few days ago, in a noisy area where I couldn't hear perfectly, but it sounded great and I want to know what it was. The words were something like, something something but "you'll never be a rock star."

It was peppy and upbeat. Men singing, I think. There were maybe some oo-wee-oo-wee-oo kinds of vocal lines in between choruses. It was NOT "Call" by Margot MacDonald. Help me find this good song, please.
posted by sleevener to Media & Arts (10 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Imagine Dragons Thunder? "Who do you think you are, dreaming about being a big star?"
posted by evilmomlady at 12:35 PM on October 26

That's not the one, but thanks anyway!
posted by sleevener at 12:42 PM on October 26

Not quite the right fit for the line you remember, but hits some of your points, so just in case, check out Rockstar by Pink. It has lines about Rockstars and lines about 'na-na-na-na-na'. It is definitely peppy and up-beat.
posted by jacquilynne at 12:46 PM on October 26 [1 favorite]

There are a lot of songs about rock stars. Can you tell us more about this song?

What genre would you say it was? If you had to guess, do you think it's a modern song, or something from a previous decade? Could you tell anything about what instruments were being played?
posted by box at 12:47 PM on October 26 [1 favorite]

Was it Hollywood by Michael Bublé?
posted by corey flood at 1:00 PM on October 26

Kilo and the Dew, "You'll Never Be a Rockstar"?
posted by neda at 1:01 PM on October 26

Was it this? It has the same line except for the personal pronoun.
posted by Don Pepino at 1:02 PM on October 26

Kind of a long shot, but maybe Streaming Services by Taylor Bennett?
posted by Sparky Buttons at 1:21 PM on October 26

Tune-Yards Gangsta?

First lyrics refer to gangsta, but then it shifts to rockstar.
posted by aramaic at 1:36 PM on October 26 [2 favorites]

YES, Gangsta is the one, thank you so much. Can't believe you bullseyed it with such scant info. THANK YOU!!
posted by sleevener at 1:51 PM on October 26 [1 favorite]

« Older Lovely holiday card quote/poem for my small plant...   |   Should I report medical staff for laughing it up... Newer »