What lounge chair is this?

I stayed in an AirBnB long ago and sat in an amazing chair. Luckily, I took pictures of this chair because it was so amazing (you do that, don't you?) But I didn't actually find out what its name was or where to buy it. Can you help me ID it?

Here's the images of the chair:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/KRcnS02
posted by lalunamel to Home & Garden (8 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

It’s IKEA’s Poang Chair.
posted by lunasol at 5:54 PM on September 9 [3 favorites]

Yep, it's a Poang. I've hardly been in a Brooklyn apartment without one.
posted by showbiz_liz at 5:56 PM on September 9 [5 favorites]

This is the ikea Poang chair—!
posted by BundleOfHers at 5:56 PM on September 9 [1 favorite]

Alriiiiiiight!!!!!
posted by lalunamel at 6:33 PM on September 9 [2 favorites]

What luck when your dream chair is $80 at any Ikea in the world, and practically free secondhand! I was so excited to see that your comfort will be so attainable. It's a pandemic, we all need these little victories!
posted by nouvelle-personne at 9:37 PM on September 9 [36 favorites]

practically free secondhand

Yes! lalunamel, I discovered years ago that you can almost always find like-new Poangs on craigslist, cheaper than from the store and you don't have to assemble them.

posted by lunasol at 8:40 AM on September 10

Poang is fantastic! It's almost as comfortable as my Human Touch PC-420. Bought poang for almost every room in my house.
posted by georgehanson at 5:42 AM on September 14

« Older What does tax-back rate mean exactly?   |   What are the best items to use to stop a nosebleed... Newer »