How to find support group/accountability partner for eating issues

I'd like to find a support group or accountability partner or pen pal for support on binge/restrictive eating.

I'm working on my binge eating and restrictive eating habits, and I'd like to find ways to get additional support related to this.

To head off the immediate answers: yes, I am currently working with an excellent therapist. This question is about also having peer support.

What I'd like is some group or person I can share strategies with, check in for accountability on following my plan, and contact real time if I'm overwhelmed and want to binge or fast.

Probably things like this exist? I don't know what kind of options there are. I could imagine a range of things working, from something formal like a structured support group or informal like a MeFite who has been there and is willing to be a text buddy.
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Overeaters Anonymous, if 12-step is OK with you.
posted by lokta at 1:25 AM on August 22, 2020

I had the same issue In my youth. If you find a support group I would like to join to be a support sponsor.
posted by The_imp_inimpossible at 3:21 AM on August 24, 2020

« Older Instant pot and culinary adventures   |   Fresh baby kittens under my house! Help! Newer »