Are there any good parenting internet boards left?

When I was pregnant and/or had infants, BabyCenter's boards were a lifesaver. Now that my kids are older, I'm trying to find a current version for parents of adolescents. Is Reddit a cesspool for this? I'm particularly interested in boards that have a diverse group of users and that are not on Facebook.
posted by tafetta, darling! to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

r/breakingmom is a really great subreddit. There is absolutely no "sanctomommy"ing tolerated, and the ladies there are lifesavers.
posted by MiraK at 6:56 PM on July 9, 2020 [2 favorites]

Do you know Mumsnet? It’s UK-based, but has an international reach. They have a Teenagers board.
posted by Erinaceus europaeus at 3:10 AM on July 10, 2020 [1 favorite]

Mumsnet is notorious for TERFs/transphobia, for what it's worth.
posted by EndsOfInvention at 4:24 AM on July 10, 2020 [14 favorites]

I'm a fan of the Slate podcast Mom and Dad are Fighting - they also have a facebook group. It is not separated by age but the topics are diverse in many ways. You might also like the recurring column Care and Feeding though that trends younger.
posted by sol at 5:01 AM on July 10, 2020

« Older What kind of skillet do I want if cast iron won't...   |   If you like it, you'd better put a ________ on it. Newer »