Help me remember the name of an NYC art photographer

I'm trying to remember or find the name of a female art photographer I encountered around a decade ago in NYC.

In 2008/2009 or thereabouts, a woman on the subway told me she was a photographer and that I looked like the sort of people she photographed. She gave me a card, which had her name and website. I recall the lead image on the website was a young girl in a green swimsuit, possibly with a bird nearby or on her arm. There were definitely photographs of people with birds and possibly other animals; these were staged art photographs, not natural shots. I think some had nude (maybe older?) people, but they were definitely not titillating.

Her site said she had previously published photographs in the NY Times among other reputable outlets; I recall looking that up and finding that to be true. I vaguely recall her name being Tara, maybe with an H last name, but I'm not sure. I know it's a long shot, but any leads would be appreciated!
posted by MeadowlarkMaude to Media & Arts (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Lynn Kohlman?
posted by vrakatar at 6:26 PM on June 29

Tara Todras-Whitehill (photojournalism work was in the NYT by the mid-2000s); Tara Godvin (photojournalist with AP then, now a photo editor with the NYT)
posted by Iris Gambol at 6:56 PM on June 29

« Older Want to either have it out or tattle to their mom   |   Choose between cataract surgery + possible covid... Newer »