Where can I buy outdoor plants online or for curbside pickup?

I really want cheap petunias from Lowe's but I am still on pretty intense COVID lockdown and cannot go to the store myself. Where can I buy outdoor plants online without spending a whole bunch of money or pick them up curbside? I'm in Raleigh, NC.

I'm having trouble finding places that will let me do curbside pickup with live plants and online places that aren't 30 dollars a plant. I just want some cheap annuals for color on my porch. Suggestions? Thanks!
posted by clarinet to Home & Garden (10 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Lowe's offers curbside pickup - check your part of Raleigh here.
posted by Iris Gambol at 1:02 PM on June 13, 2020

Response by poster: Thanks, but unfortunately Lowe's (and Home Depot) don't allow most plants for their curbside pickup orders-they are for purchase in store only. Otherwise I would be set!
posted by clarinet at 1:13 PM on June 13, 2020

Best answer: Check around to see if a local nursery will offer it for you. We have a nursery in Atlanta that has done this from day one and it was pretty successful for them. I’m sure there are more that got on the bandwagon.
posted by pearlybob at 1:22 PM on June 13, 2020

Best answer: I used the Dumpling app to find a personal shopper who went to Lowe's for me and dropped off baskets of flowers and plants for me. She even sent me texts as she was shopping to make sure I liked what she was picking out.
posted by ilovewinter at 1:35 PM on June 13, 2020 [1 favorite]

Our local farmer’s market is selling plants through pre-order.
posted by sciencegeek at 2:35 PM on June 13, 2020

Best answer: Have you tried Logan’s in Raleigh? Near downtown, been around forever. Their website shows they’re doing curbside Monday through Wednesday.
posted by little mouth at 3:17 PM on June 13, 2020

Best answer: Try giving Fairview Garden Center a call, they were been helpful to me over the phone early in lockdownand might be accommodating.
posted by token-ring at 6:16 PM on June 13, 2020

Best answer: Local nurseries are definitely the way to go. Pike's Nursery hooked me up a couple of months ago.
posted by heathrowga at 6:55 PM on June 13, 2020

Best answer: What about using Fiverr? Or call some stores, see if you can pick up some petunias. My local nursery was extremely responsive when I contacted them via fb with a question.
posted by theora55 at 7:04 PM on June 13, 2020

Response by poster: Thanks everybody! I will definitely check out Logan's- I have shopped there before but it didn't occur to me to look for curbside pickup. The personal shopper idea is also great.
posted by clarinet at 7:11 PM on June 13, 2020

« Older It's time to learn to love bok choy   |   How to take care of yourself in "these times"? Newer »