Where can I read this essay by an officer who shot an unarmed civilian?

The Wikipedia article for the shooting of Charles Kinsey says that the officer who was disciplined was required to write "...a 2,500-word essay on communication and weapon discharges." Where can I read that essay?
posted by spikeleemajortomdickandharryconnickjrmints to Law & Government (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I'm going to research a little bit to see if I can find your answer, but also, my thought is that writing an essay does not necessarily equate to writing an essay that will be released to the public.
posted by WCityMike at 12:59 PM on June 10, 2020 [2 favorites]

If anyone has it, Judge Alan Fine of the 11th Circuit Court of Florida has it. He's the one who issued the sentence. And he'll be up for re-election in '27, so mark your calendar.

You may also consider contacting the office of Katherine Fernandez Rundle, Miami-Dade State Attorney. It appears the actual prosecutor on the case was Reid Rubin, but there are a number of names you can contact in this press release from State Atty Rundle.

And you could contact Jonathan Aledda or his attorney Jay Kolsky.
posted by Sunburnt at 1:06 PM on June 10, 2020 [3 favorites]

« Older What are your favorite recommendation sites?   |   What is quintessentially Missourian? Newer »