Best online form to capture commnity recipes?

I'm working with a colleague to collect recipes, stories, and photos to create a community cookbook for our clients. Since this is a side project, I don't want everything getting lost in email; I want to create a form they can fill out which will pull to a Google sheet or similar. I've used Typeform and Google forms for projects in the past; should I just use those? Is there something better? I'm especially wondering if there's a form that makes it easier for them to include photos.
posted by assenav to Grab Bag (1 answer total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I am not sure how you technical you are, but Google has special data formatting just for recipes, and some years ago even had a custom search dedicated to them. (I removed it from my bookmarks with regret.) Here's their documentation: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/recipe

Anyway, if you collect the submissions through a Google Form using freeform text boxes with the right hidden attributes (i.e., the names "recipeIngredient" or "recipeInstructions"), you could probably have the data in a Google-friendly format from the get-go.

Just an idea, though. *shrug*
posted by wenestvedt at 12:28 PM on April 29, 2020 [1 favorite]

« Older How do I help my spouse keep up our home internet...   |   Take the cake Newer »