What was this 2000s folky/Indie song?

I'm trying to remember a song that I used to hear on WERS in Boston in maybe the late 2000s or early 2010s.

It seemed singer/songwriter, and was sung by a man. It was more folky "guy with a guitar" than much of the Indie music of the time - it seemed a little anachronistic on the Indie college station, but it got a lot of airplay. It was about how with the kids moving back home the house was getting crowded and he wanted a little alone time with "mama". The chorus was something like, "C'mon mama, sneak out your bedroom window, and we'll act like kids again". I feel like this should be more google-able.
posted by ldthomps to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Not a perfect match, but I like to Google - Cold Outside Your Window Mama”?
posted by zibra at 8:59 PM on April 24 [1 favorite]

Nope, that’s not it, definitely jollier. Like they’re gonna sneak out, have a drink and a smoke and not tell the kids when they’ll be home. I feel like the chorus ended with something like, “come on and be nineteen with me...” with an implied “again”.
posted by ldthomps at 9:39 PM on April 24

It's a song by Don White, "Be 16 With Me". https://youtu.be/C0CWO9xhz40
posted by portabella at 2:51 AM on April 25 [2 favorites]

That IS it, thank you so much!
posted by ldthomps at 7:54 AM on April 25 [1 favorite]

« Older Need a UPS, what do I get?   |   What does it feel like to become bilingual as an... Newer »