Poem for a late cat

I remember, maybe 6-8 years ago, seeing someone write a poem for their late cat who was an asshole. I believe this was on a personal blog. I am fairly sure either the poem or the surrounding text said something about how their cat would have hated the idea of the rainbow bridge poem. What is this poem?
posted by jeather to Grab Bag (10 answers total) 33 users marked this as a favorite

oh woooow- thanks!!
posted by nouvelle-personne at 10:06 AM on April 15

Wow, great poem. Thank you!
posted by M. at 10:09 AM on April 15

Mic drop indeed.
posted by sacrifix at 10:16 AM on April 15

I'm just trolling here, but have you considered Jubilate Agno ("For I will consider my Cat Jeoffry") from the 1700s as the ur version of this?
posted by tapir-whorf at 10:30 AM on April 15 [6 favorites]

Thanks, I'm including a copy of this in one of my next round of card mailings to my cat poet friends. Rainbow bridge my furry butt!
posted by winesong at 10:57 AM on April 15 [2 favorites]

(You might have seen it on mefi)
posted by zamboni at 11:11 AM on April 15 [2 favorites]

That is brilliant. For anyone not in the UK, a Clinton's card is the equivalent of a Hallmark card.
posted by essexjan at 12:56 PM on April 15 [3 favorites]

First login in years in order to post this: Song for Sampson
posted by fish tick at 5:53 PM on April 15 [1 favorite]

In a similar vein... the dog, for whom I feel nothing.
posted by St. Peepsburg at 8:48 AM on April 16

« Older Free mail merge tool for Gmail & Google Sheets...   |   Looking for a eco friendly game. Newer »