What is this piece of studio gear?
April 5, 2020 3:08 PM   Subscribe

On an synthpop music video from 10 years ago I spotted this piece of equipment that looks like a simple mixing board, but is pretty thick. It looks like an 8-track mixer or effects console, and has the style of maybe a piece of studio gear from the late 1970s. Any idea what this is exactly and who manufactures it?

The item appears in this video (Ladytron, 2009, at KCRW Sessions). I looked around on image searches but can't find anything like it.
posted by rolypolyman to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: It's a Furman HRM-16 personal monitor mixer - each band member has one driving their own pair of headphones, so they can adjust the mix as they like on the fly.
posted by offog at 3:58 PM on April 5, 2020 [2 favorites]

Yup, offog has it - you can see one to the side of the guitar player and behind the bass player, too.
posted by soundguy99 at 4:05 PM on April 5, 2020 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: Thanks! Much appreciated.
posted by rolypolyman at 4:06 PM on April 5, 2020

« Older How should we deal with a gross unhygienic parking...   |   Seizures of N95 Masks - Official Reasoning? Most... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.