How Do I Find Out What Shoes I'm Wearing?

Please help me, if you can, figure out what model running shoes I have. I need new ones and can't go in to a store to get fitted. Details after the jump.

I am not someone who can wear just any running shoe. Usually I have to try them on to make sure they fit my wierd feet comfortably. A couple months before all the crazy started I had been meaning to get new shoes cause my old ones were starting to break down. Then La Carona came along and now I can't go get fitted for a new pair. My feet are starting to hurt from running in the old ones. I think my only hope is to figure out what exact model of shoe I have and order it again on line if anyone has any left in stock. The pair I have is made by Brooks but more than that I don't know. Where can I look to find the model name/number? I see the words "Adrenaline" and "Guiderails" written on the bottom sides of the shoe. Could that be a model? If you know anything about running shoes your help is deeply appreciated. Thank you!
posted by WalkerWestridge to Health & Fitness (10 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Adrenaline is the model name.
posted by calgirl at 4:11 PM on April 4 [2 favorites]

Can you post a photo?

Googling Brooks Adrenaline brings up this - is there a reason you think that's not the one? It says they have Guiderails.
posted by penguin pie at 4:12 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

I’ve been wearing Brooks Adrenaline forever. I get a new pair every year. I have narrow feet (so I get the narrow width ones) which overpronate (roll inwards).

If you post a couple of pics from different angles, I reckon we could nail them down to the exact model.
posted by Salamander at 4:16 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

Jackrabbit has a screaming deal on the previous model (the 19's, they're up to 20 now). I hadn't been familiar with the site but had good luck with them recently. Then again, they have an amazing colorway in the 20's :) Happy running!
posted by ftm at 4:17 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

What do yours say on the tongue? My old 18 Adrenalines have the model year on the tongue and it looks like the new 20s do as well.
posted by MadamM at 4:21 PM on April 4 [2 favorites]

Yeah, both my Adrenalines have the model and the year on the tongue. (GTS 15 and 17 for me, but I always buy last year's model on discount.)
posted by General Malaise at 4:30 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

P.S. This year's Adrenalin GTSs look great and have Guardrails support
posted by General Malaise at 4:35 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

OH guys! Thank you! I hadn't noticed the number 19 on the tongue. You guys are da bomb!
posted by WalkerWestridge at 4:36 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

Looks like you're sorted. If it helps anyone, Running Company are doing e-fittings now.
posted by teststrip at 8:11 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

FYI, Brooks is shipping on time and free. Here's the Adrenaline GTS 20, and the GTS 19 on sale. I'm also an Adrenaline-wearer, so good choice.
posted by Special Agent Dale Cooper at 9:14 PM on April 4 [1 favorite]

« Older The most fun you can have with the lights on   |   Obscure Song Filter: A Secret Place Newer »