Men's shirts: bold, interesting prints, large sizes?
February 28, 2020 6:31 AM Subscribe
Help me, fatshionistas of Mefi! I am a fat woman who really likes men’s shirts with bold, interesting prints. Examples: Everything Tan France wears on Queer Eye, Alex Horne’s octopus shirt, this shirt here. But even when I can find things I like, I can't find them in sizes large enough for me, because men's shirts don't tend to be sized for the proportions of a cis woman with big hips (50") and chest (49"). Where should I be shopping?
- I don’t mind whether I buy things from the women’s section or the men’s section, but I tend to prefer shirts that have a minimum of feminine detailing if any (ruffles, bows, ruching…) I am familiar with the options at most of the big plus-size women’s clothing stores and they mostly do not have what I’m looking for.
- I also know a couple of the options marketed as tomboyish or androgynous options (Wildfang, Kirrin Finch, Gender Free World) and I like their stuff but tend to be right at the upper edge of their size range.
- Definitely interested mostly in online options as I'm in the fashion-conservative midwest, but willing to make a road trip to Madison or Minneapolis if you know a good place.
- I love plaid but probably already own as much plaid as I ever want to own
- Budget: $100 is the soft upper edge of what I want to spend for a shirt but I fear I may have expensive tastes.