What language are the nuns speaking in this ad for OS/2 Warp?

This is the ad. I'm pretty sure it's an eastern european or slavic language, and for some reason my first instinct was Polish, but I have no reason for thinking this. I do not speak any slavic languages.

I want to know the answer to this question because because I want to write fan fiction about the nuns. Any additional information about what life would be like for a nun in whatever country they're supposed to be in would be very welcome.
posted by Sokka shot first to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

This version on youtube says it's Czech (see the comments and description).
posted by jquinby at 10:07 AM on February 14

More.
posted by jquinby at 10:09 AM on February 14

Thank you!
posted by Sokka shot first at 10:28 AM on February 14

Czech speaker here - can confirm it’s Czech; filmed in prague
posted by JJZByBffqU at 10:47 AM on February 14 [3 favorites]

As to what life would be like, it's tough to say. Their habits look sort of vaguely nun-like but don't square up with any of the ones I'm immediately familiar with. The day-to-day of religious orders varies greatly with their particular charism/focus. They might be contemplatives who spend most of their day at prayer, or working in schools, hospitals, universities, and so on.
posted by jquinby at 10:52 AM on February 14 [1 favorite]

« Older Banging my head against a spreadsheet problem   |   Help me make a care package Newer »