"We took it to the wine cooler repair place…"
January 3, 2020 6:57 PM   Subscribe

Hi, AskMe. We have a wine cooler in our kitchen which isn't, well, cooling. It's apparently not respecting its temperature setting. Where do we start to get this looked at?

We have a home warranty but the cooler is apparently not covered. I'm just wondering what kind of maintenance person we should look for, and how to know if we find a decent one? Doing this ourselves is probably not going to happen, as I'm blind and my mom isn't handy at all.
posted by Alensin to Home & Garden (3 answers total)
The same guy that would fix the refrigerator. Don't call Bartles and James–those guys are worthless.
posted by ivanthenotsoterrible at 7:24 PM on January 3, 2020 [4 favorites]

a refrigeration company (residential)
some places require licensing for refrigeration mechanics/techs. use them if you can.
posted by some loser at 8:10 PM on January 3, 2020

Yes, a refrigerator tech can help. Before you call them, if you haven't already, pull the cooler out, unplug it, and and use a vacuum to clean the coils and any other dust buildup. This alone can solve a lot of refrigeration issues, and it's an easy 15-minute DIY.
posted by ourobouros at 5:45 AM on January 4, 2020 [3 favorites]

« Older Libido Metrics and the Modern Male   |   Give me your best advice for Waterton NP Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.