Sturdy bed frame for under $500: is it possible?
November 20, 2019 7:30 AM Subscribe
I am in the market for a queen bed frame. Under $500, has a headboard, and supports two non-ace adults (500lbs?) and all the activities that entails. I won't be using a box spring so I guess it will have to use slats or a bunkie board (?). No upholstery on account of having cats. I'll be putting it on risers. Is this possible? Do you have recommendations? More details within.
- I've looked at IKEA, but I don't know how those hold up to lots of movement.
- Ideally no more than 65'' across and 85'' long.
- Probably would have to be a platform bed on account of needing the risers. Basically I need at least 18'' underneath it for my various storage boxes, and I figure that's not realistic to expect out of a bed frame alone.
- In a perfect world it would be relatively easy to dissemble for moving, but I'm guessing this and "sturdy" don't go together and sturdiness is paramount.
- I don't really care about the design, I just want it to function.