Finland fun! Difficulty level: cold and rainy November

We have a couple of weeks in southern Finland. Most of the recommendations on here have been for summer. We are looking for recommendations for November. What are your top tips?
posted by rednikki to Travel & Transportation around Finland (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

First of all, rednikki , you should be aware that the Finns have prepared a banner just for you.

VisitFinland were responsible, I believe, and they offer a good place to start. RentAFinn I'd suggest!
posted by rongorongo at 4:02 AM on November 11, 2019 [5 favorites]

I take it you haven't been to Finland previously. Suomenlinna is an absolute must, no matter what. I've been there on a foggy Helsinki December morning and it was still beautiful.
posted by Logophiliac at 7:11 AM on November 11, 2019 [1 favorite]

Visiting a sauna in November is an obvious choice, but I'd also recommend looking for swimming halls. They're very popular and a nice respite from the cold and dark.
posted by Neely O'Hara at 8:12 PM on November 11, 2019

Thanks y'all! I should have noted that I've dug deep into the VisitFinland website. For anyone who comes across this in future, RentAFinn is a summer contest that requires an application process; only the winners get to rent a Finn.
posted by rednikki at 1:05 AM on November 16, 2019

« Older Anyone has experience with the minimally invasive...   |   Teen books where friends are imperfect Newer »