Anyone has experience with the minimally invasive hallux valgus surgery?

Hi all, I'm curious to your experience if you've had the new style, minimally invasive hallux surgery, Percutaneous Bunionectomy, where they make several small incisions instead of 1 to 2 large ones? If yes, what was your recovery like, do you have loss of mobility, and overal, are you satisfied with the results?

I'm at the stage where i can only wear extra wide sneakers, but i'm also a casual runner ( and would like to stay one, as it's the only form of exercise i actually enjoy/stick to). I'm 35 if it matters.
I'm considering my surgery options, taking into account that i live in a 5th floor walkup, and also work for myself, so extensive down-time would be very expensive.
Thanks
posted by PardonMyFrench to Health & Fitness (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

you might check patientslikeme ?
posted by specialk420 at 11:48 PM on November 10 [2 favorites]

Haven’t myself, but have another resource recommendation: I’m in a Facebook group called “I Survived a Bunionectomy” that is very active. I did a quick search of ‘percutaneous’ and found a lot of posts by people who had that type of surgery.
posted by hellogoodbye at 5:20 PM on November 12

« Older Has animal behavior study led to direct...   |   Finland fun! Difficulty level: cold and rainy... Newer »