Can I make this adjustable bed frame less adjustable?

I have a bed frame similar to this Pragmabed Simple Adjust frame (mine is only adjustable at the head end, like this.) I like it a lot, except...

The mechanism for adjusting the head end is what I would describe as a "lawn chair" style. It can be set at an angle ranging from around 15-85 degrees. In order to reset the frame to flat, you lift the head all the way up to disengage the locking mechanism and lower it down. Since I only ever want to adjust the head to a maximum of about 45 degrees, it can be annoying to have to pull it all the way up to reset it. Does this type of mechanism have a name, and can I hack it so that I can adjust it without having to basically fold a mattress in half?
posted by doift to Home & Garden 1 user marked this as a favorite

« Older What was Robert Johnson's crossroads like?   |   We dated. I still like her. She...maybe still... Newer »