How to use my iPad as a Powerpoint remote?

I would like to use my older iPad 3 to control a Powerpoint presentation running from my 2015 Macbook Pro. I would also like the iPad to display the currently displayed slide. What's the best way to do that?

I have the slides in Powerpoint format but am willing to use another service if that's better. I've tried using Keynote but though it always works perfectly at home or when tethered to my phone but it fails when I try to use Keynote on the lecture hall wifi. Does any have any personal experience with e.g. PPT Remote Pro?
posted by crazy with stars to Technology (3 answers total)

Not sure about using it as a remote, but you can use Duet Display to mirror your Macbook's screen wirelessly. So I would mirror and then control the powerpoint on the iPad.
posted by wile e at 12:11 AM on September 25

Can you bring your own portable hotspot to ensure the devices are talking happily to each other?
posted by freethefeet at 3:14 AM on September 25

I've used i-Clickr Remote on my iPhone to some success for just this purpose.

And, yeah, freethefeet's advice about bringing your own connectivity may help a lot.
posted by hanov3r at 9:24 AM on September 25

« Older What New York City Ballet Should I Go See?   |   Suggestions for art-house game trailers Newer »