Help Needed Identifying a Hip Hop Song

My wife has spent the last decade trying to identify a hip hop song that was on a mixed tape that her older sister's best friend made her back in the late 90s. Unfortunately, she only remembers the chorus and we've had no luck finding it through Google or Genius.

Here's all that she remembers:

Where you wanna go?
How you wanna get there?
We can travel by boat
Or we can travel by air
As long as we're together, baby
I don't care

Since this was twenty-ish years ago and my wife was thirteen-ish years old at the time, it is entirely possible that we have some of the lyrics wrong. Putting any portion of those lyrics into Google generates a million travel-related false positives, and Genius didn't seem to recognize it either. She was living in Philadelphia at the time and the tape's architect was a party DJ, so it is not out of the question that this might be a local artist and never caught on outside of that region.

Any help would be appreciated.
posted by Parasite Unseen to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

I definitely recognize this song. I can hear it in my head, but I can’t remember the artist or title. Possibly an East Coast underground artist.
posted by gnutron at 5:21 PM on September 22, 2019

I got it! Jungle Brothers - Where You Wanna Go
posted by gnutron at 5:34 PM on September 22, 2019 [11 favorites]

This site is just the best.
posted by Parasite Unseen at 7:05 PM on September 22, 2019 [6 favorites]

« Older How Do I Get A Sword On An Airplane?   |   Quick & easy copy 'n' paste "comment bank"? Newer »