A scene in which a woman has an orgasm with the universe

I remember vaguely a scene in literature in which a woman goes out into the night alone and has a no-touch orgasm with the universe. Where does this scene appear?

The only other context I have for this is that I remember the scene from a Great Books course I took in college (2004), which included writers like Gabriel Garcia Marquez and J.M. Coetzee. I don't think the scene was written by either of those writers, but that's the general milieu. It might have also been a short story, or even an essay. Sparse info, I know, but does this ring a bell for anyone?
posted by gold bridges to Media & Arts (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The Master and Margarita?

It's been forever since I read it, but I think Margarita possibly has A Moment when she's flying over Moscow.
posted by mochapickle at 11:28 AM on September 20, 2019 [2 favorites]

Long shot: James Tiptree, Jr., 'The Earth Doth Like a Snake Renew'?
posted by bleston hamilton station at 12:37 AM on September 22, 2019

« Older Keith Haring’s New York   |   Help me get away with never wearing the boots my... Newer »