Movie where characters are drinking barbicide?

Mefi, help me. My coworkers and I are trying to think of a movie where a character or characters are drinking the blue disinfectant at the barber shop. I’m seeing some reference to a Pete & Pete episode but that’s not really ringing the bell for anyone... Timer starts now folks, let’s see what you’ve got. Possible clue: I think it’s part of a montage?
posted by stinkfoot to Media & Arts (11 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Will Ferrell did a Conan bit a few years back that ends with him chugging Barbicide, if that rings a bell? Clip here (apologies for FB but it won't make you log in and it's marginally a less-hostile platform than that of the actual Team Coco-hosted clip).
posted by halation at 12:19 PM on September 15

It's not a movie, but Homer Simpson drinks barbicide in the Simpson's episode Homer Scissorhands. (Happens around 15:20 in the linked video)
posted by 23skidoo at 12:28 PM on September 15

Archer drinks barbicide in this ep: https://archer.fandom.com/wiki/Double_Indecency
posted by Sauce Trough at 12:47 PM on September 15 [2 favorites]

In the beginning of Three Kings, everyone’s drinking booze disguised as bright blue mouthwash to celebrate the end of the first Iraq war. Could be what you’re thinking of?
posted by sleeping bear at 5:07 PM on September 15

I feel like that happened in Earth Girls are Easy but I can't find the relevant clip.
posted by esmerelda_jenkins at 6:48 PM on September 15

I know you said the Pete and Pete episode wasn't ringing the bell, but for what it's worth the sequence in Pete and Pete where this happens IS a montage. Also, while verifying that I was remembering this correctly, I discovered that the barber that Pete drinks the stuff with is played by J.K. Simmons. This show's cast is incredible. In case you want to check to make absolutely certain this isn't it, the montage occurs at about 14:55 into this video (which has some weirdly screwed-up audio).
posted by IAmUnaware at 9:40 PM on September 15 [2 favorites]

Not a movie, but it also happens in Pavement's video for "Cut Your Hair."
posted by hilaritas at 9:19 AM on September 16

IIRC the drinking of it was referenced, but probably not shown, in a host segment of MST3K—either #402 "The Giant Gila Monster" or #404 "Teenagers from Outer Space," I believe. Definitely a Joel episode.
posted by CheesesOfBrazil at 7:27 AM on September 17

I’m gonna mark the Pete & Pete as best answer- it’s the closest to my memory and I think what I’m drawing on. My coworkers seem to think there’s another one they’re remembering with the character as an alien in human’s body, so the search continues (for them).
posted by stinkfoot at 9:36 AM on September 22

Hm... earth girls are easy might fit that bill...
posted by stinkfoot at 9:37 AM on September 22

« Older Seeking someone for minor home repairs in NYC   |   How can I be a better plant mom to my succulents? Newer »