Maybe doing these exercises might help?

Looking for workbooks on anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. Those that have questions that I can answer, think things through, that kind of thing. Do you have any recommendations?
posted by pleasebekind to Health & Fitness (5 answers total) 18 users marked this as a favorite

If you're interested in DBT (dialectical behavioral therapy), a variation of CBT that includes mindfulness and distress tolerance, this is the workbook my therapist recommended: Dialectical Behavior Therapy Workbook. I have found it useful.
posted by carrioncomfort at 10:35 AM on September 10 [1 favorite]

The Feeling Good Handbook is an Ask staple.
posted by DarlingBri at 11:26 AM on September 10 [3 favorites]

My therapist copied a lot of pages for me from this book, the very bluntly-named Depressed and Anxious. It's a DBT workbook, and I found it helpful.
posted by Sparky Buttons at 12:10 PM on September 10

I liked Things Might Go Terribly, Horribly Wrong.
posted by eirias at 1:37 PM on September 10

There are some useful CBT based worksheets and workbooks on the Center for Clinical Interventions website maintained by the government of Western Australia. Each module usually starts with an introduction section followed by exercises.
posted by BeHereNow at 7:46 AM on September 11

« Older Pellet stove insert a good idea?   |   Looking for poetic, lyrical, music Newer »