Rubber Ducks for Rubber Duck Debugging

I teach middle school (ages 11-14) Computer Science and would like to get about 60 *non-squeaking* rubber ducks for students. They will use them for rubber duck debugging in class. Where can I get good ducks within the next 7-10 days without breaking the bank?

I'm in a city in the US and am happy to go in person or order online. I've been checking the usual suspects: Amazon, Oriental Trading, etc, but would love recommendations. The ducks must NOT squeak. I'd be open to erasers instead of plastic, but am looking for liklely at least 1.5"/4cm length.

I'm also looking for suggestions for easy access storage. Ideally, I'd love suggestions for a caddy, one spot for each duck. I'd only need about 30 ducks accessible at a time.
posted by wiskunde to Education (8 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

We have these from Oriental Trading (plus a few other outfits) and they do not squeak.
posted by xo at 12:23 PM on August 13 [2 favorites]

How about these from American science & surplus?
They might have a good storage thingy too if you browse around.
posted by bleep at 12:23 PM on August 13 [2 favorites]

Do they have to be ducks specifically? The dollaramas around here sell little baggies of rubber bath toys of that type but each bag has lots of different animals, not just ducks. They don't squeak.
posted by If only I had a penguin... at 12:24 PM on August 13

In general I go to dhgate for stuff like that although I don't know that the delivery time will work for your immediate needs. But you can get 100 of those little duck erasers for under $40.
posted by poffin boffin at 12:31 PM on August 13

For rubber duck storage, I'd look at Christmas tree ornament storage. They come in a variety of spacer sizes (and size of storage pieces generally), and can be pretty inexpensive.
posted by xingcat at 12:34 PM on August 13 [2 favorites]

Reviews say these ducks don't squeak.
posted by Kriesa at 2:08 PM on August 13

For storage, I wonder if a mug cubby would be the right size. Or, if not a fancy mug cubby, one of the rugged-ass plastic racks you use to send a bunch of mugs through an industrial size dishwasher, which are no doubt cheaper.
posted by nebulawindphone at 3:15 PM on August 13

Oriental Trading ducks don't squeak.
posted by radioamy at 4:45 PM on August 14

« Older rough patch   |   Help me curtain! Newer »