Refrigerator temp issues part 2

My refrigerator was having troubles and not distributing the temperature correctly. I replaced the diffuser and want to make sure the behavior I'm seeing isn't cause for further concern.

So I had a tech come out and he replaced our fridges diffuser. It seems to have helped, but the food still didn't seem to be getting quite cold enough. I had another tech come out and with the door closed it's temping at 38, but a glass of water held overnight in the fridge is still registering at 42. Should I be concerned?
posted by Carillon to Home & Garden (1 answer total)

Friends of ours recently got food poisoning from their food being just not cold enough. 40 is the upper limit, when bacteria really start to bloom. I would err on the side of caution. A new fridge is most likely in your future.
posted by Enid Lareg at 11:20 AM on August 2, 2019

« Older Cats are disgusting   |   Kodak Adjustable Safelight Model B manual? Newer »