Help! I'm having trouble showing full size images in Wix's gallery.

I'm trying to make a UX/UI portfolio, and I'm using Wix. I have images that I need to show in a gallery view, but when I put them in to the gallery, Wix shrinks them down to an unworkable size. The only way to view the image full size is to right click on it, open it up in a new tab, and hit the magnifying glass.

For example, one image, full size, is 1440px by 6143px (it's a website screen that's scrollable).

What I would expect to happen in a gallery view would be, on the portfolio page, a shrunken down version that fits within the box, and then when you click on it, you get a larger view (still not full size, but large enough to fill up your screen vertical-wize), and then a magnifier button to view it full size.

But that doesn't happen. Instead, I get the tiny image that can't be enlarged without right clicking on it and opening it in a new tab, which is extremely non user-friendly.

Here's a link to a video of me explaining the issue if what I'm writing about is confusing. It's easier to understand if you can see what I'm talking about.
posted by ggp88 to Computers & Internet (1 answer total)

The gallery widget you're using doesn't have the ability to scroll down on a larger image. It's bound by the screen dimensions. In order to make that full size, the image would need to be larger than the widget itself. It's auto-resizing to fit the whole image on your screen.

You might try breaking up the picture into sections so you can see one after another. Or use another display format.
posted by ananci at 7:10 PM on May 10

« Older Drag king name suggestions   |   filodendron???? but better????? Newer »