Anyone know where I can find the "podperson scream"?

Looking for the "scream" from the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers film.

Can anyone help me track down a sound file that contains the scream the podpeople in the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers film make when they detect that someone is not one of them?

(If you've not seen the film, don't read further.)

Preferably the one that PodPersonBennell (Donald Sutherland) makes at the very conclusion, when he points at Elizabeth (Brooke Adams), but they're not that different, so any from the '78 film will do.

Would be much obliged. A friend of mine is freaked out by that sound, and I'd like to tease her a little bit.
posted by WCityMike to Grab Bag (9 answers total)

How odd, two similar questions in one week...

Anyhow, Soundtrack.net's track listing of the soundtrack says it's the (hidden) last track on the album.

You can order the soundtrack from Amazon.
posted by Remy at 6:23 PM on February 25, 2006

Better yet, found it on MGM's site.
posted by Remy at 6:27 PM on February 25, 2006

(I just realized it has a stupid "brought to you by MGM.com" at the end; you might want to edit that out.)
posted by Remy at 6:29 PM on February 25, 2006

I don't suppose anyone could possibly handle that editing for me, but more importantly possibly convert it to an MP3 or WAV? I own an Intel Mac; Windows Media Player isn't dealing with the file nicely, and Flip4Mac's WMV Player (which supposedly lets QuickTime handle Windows Media files) isn't playing nice on Intel Macs yet.
posted by WCityMike at 7:55 PM on February 25, 2006

Here you go
posted by arruns at 8:07 PM on February 25, 2006

Thank you! (And goddamn, that's scary as hell!)
posted by WCityMike at 10:39 PM on February 25, 2006

That would make a great ringtone!
posted by birdsquared at 11:04 PM on February 25, 2006

There was just a documentary on both Invasion films last night on TVO here in Toronto. They showed that last scene at the end, but it was Veronica Cartwright as the last survivor who he pointed to and screamed at. Great scream.
posted by chococat at 10:17 AM on February 26, 2006

Birdsquared, thanks for the wonderfully evil idea. I think I'll be loading it onto my cell phone this evening ... hee hee hee. (I can just imagine everyone jumping and going, "WHAT THE F—K WAS THAT?!?!?!?!" I smile and pick up the phone and say, "Can I help you?")

Chococat, very good point. Brooke Burke got podpersoned at a point prior to the conclusion, I now remember.
posted by WCityMike at 10:54 AM on February 28, 2006

« Older Not your average wireless router question....   |   Is it possible for a computer to catch... Newer »