Track pending checks online with Chase?

In the old days, I'd write all transactions in my checkbook. Nowadays, when I use a check to pay for something big (like my son's daycare tuition), I have a written record, but it doesn't get tracked online with all my Chase debit card purchases. Is there any way to add notes about pending checks to my Chase account?

10+ years previously
posted by HeroZero to Work & Money (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The Chase Online help for Account Activity says "Click a description to view transaction details or add a memo for that transaction." Is this what you want to do?
posted by ubiquity at 7:01 AM on April 16

He wants to add a pending transaction that the bank has no record of yet. Systems like Mint or Quicken let you do this.
posted by grouse at 7:05 AM on April 16 [2 favorites]

CapitolOne 360 (previously ING Direct) used to let you do exactly this but I've never see this feature at another bank.
posted by Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug at 7:09 AM on April 16

I’m afraid you’re going to have to make a spreadsheet for this. Google “cash flow tracking” for examples.
posted by matildaben at 8:20 AM on April 16

The only solution I’ve found is to use bill pay instead of writing checks. They mail a check, and I don’t have to worry about losing track of a check.
posted by snickerdoodle at 9:32 AM on April 16 [1 favorite]

Workaround: maintain two chase checking accts. One funded for checks, one for debits.
posted by perdhapley at 12:08 PM on April 16

« Older Explain LaTex to me like I’m 5   |   Periodontest Probing for Pockets - The Aftermath... Newer »