Good YouTube filter for tweens/teens?

The YouTube algorithm is horrible. My (gentle) teen once watched a video about an animal rescue and now they're constantly getting recommendations for videos of animals trapped/dying/in pain (before usually being rescued) Is there a trusted browser extension (or other method) where a parent can improve the YT experience for kids?

I realize "improve" is a vague term. I guess I mean: More aggressively remove inappropriate videos (or as a last resort remove recommended videos entirely) and/or blacklist/whitelist channels? Any other ideas that would improve the YT watching experience for an easily triggered kid welcome!
posted by O Time, Thy Pyramids to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Google claims that you can improve things by modifying your watch and search history, but I haven't tested it in practice. Try removing the animal rescue video and see if things improve.
posted by zamboni at 9:37 AM on March 15

Aggressively clicking the X at the right hand end of each row of YT recommendations that contatins anything remotely objectionable & removing tangentially related videos from my watch history seems to have eliminated alt-right bullshit from my YT recommendations, so maybe the same approach will work for this?
posted by pharm at 10:00 AM on March 15 [1 favorite]

« Older Boston Radio Archives, do they exist? Where can I...   |   Twitter bot that regularly posts screenshots of a... Newer »