Best Marketplaces to sell specific items?

I'm looking to compile a list of all the best marketplaces to sell highly specific items.

I usually use Reverb to sell musical gear and KEH for camera stuff but was wondering what other marketplaces exist to sell specific items. I want to avoid using eBay, Etsy, Amazon, Craigslist which I find to be a bit too general and not very good for giving me the best resale value.

Example; Is there a marketplace whose sole purpose is to buy and sell furniture or sporting goods?

Also, I think I know all the places to sell clothes like Poshmark so I'm good with that.
posted by cazoo to Shopping (7 answers total) 17 users marked this as a favorite

swappa.com seems good for phones and to some extent, tablets
posted by exogenous at 11:57 AM on March 14 [1 favorite]

- DPReview for cameras and lenses.
- Bulb Collector for old light bulbs and sometimes tubes.

For me most furniture is through local Facebook groups or apps that geolocate (can't remember the one I used to use) because it's free and a lot of that stuff doesn't ship. I'd be interested to see what the options are for cars.
posted by jessamyn at 12:29 PM on March 14

Apartment Therapy marketplace for furniture, perhaps...
posted by calgirl at 1:18 PM on March 14

Discogs for vinyl records and cds.
posted by LuckySeven~ at 1:58 PM on March 14

I’ve bought used cars from owners (not dealers) through cars.com, but it’s been several years since the last car I bought is going the distance. No idea how it is for sellers.
posted by childofTethys at 2:07 PM on March 14

Chairish is good for high-quality furniture (Etsy is also good for vintage furniture).
posted by pinochiette at 3:13 PM on March 14

I have bought used furniture from 1stdibs, more than once. It's been pleasant as a buyer.
posted by janell at 3:50 PM on March 14

« Older Day trip from San Diego to Tijuana   |   My boss keeps rewriting my work Newer »