Help me find this specific octopus hair clip.

My octopus hair clip just broke. This is the best one I’ve ever found and I fear I won’t be able to replace it. Here is a picture of the two broken halves and one of how they fit together.

I probably bought it at Target or Walgreens within the last two years. I am not sure of the brand. When I search for large hair clips now, I get ones with teeth that are curved in one dimension and S shaped in another. My clip’s teeth are only curved in one dimension, but the teeth go around the sides in a way that most hair clips don’t. Is there a special name for this clip other than octopus? I have been looking for backups for several months. I don’t need suggestions on how to fix it.
posted by soelo to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (10 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Is this Scunci claw close?
posted by Squeak Attack at 8:02 AM on December 29, 2018

No, the teeth on that are all parallel and none go around the sides.
posted by soelo at 8:24 AM on December 29, 2018

I found this one.
posted by thelastpolarbear at 8:43 AM on December 29, 2018

Funny, I came to post the same claw that thelastpolarbear found. I located it by searching for "oval hair claw" on Amazon.
posted by sockermom at 9:12 AM on December 29, 2018

How about this one?
posted by essexjan at 12:03 PM on December 29, 2018

Thanks, everyone. “Claw” is the term I was missing.
posted by soelo at 12:04 PM on December 29, 2018

I just bought an identical one at a dollar store a couple months ago. If you have one close by it would be worth taking a look.
posted by stoneweaver at 12:53 PM on December 29, 2018 [1 favorite]

I may have one of those hanging around at my mom's house. It was a gift and I never used it because that type doesn't work for me. Memail me and if it's still around, I'll mail it to you.
posted by mightshould at 1:11 PM on December 29, 2018

I just picked one up at Sally, thanks!
posted by soelo at 2:41 PM on December 29, 2018 [1 favorite]

I know this is late but I just in case you are hoping to find it in tortoise shell like your original I saw this same clip at my local drugstore being sold under the Scunci brand as the Oval Jaw Clip, they had it in black and tortoise shell. Looks like it's available at Target and Ulta at the moment as well.
posted by Miss Matheson at 6:02 PM on January 21

« Older My landlord won't fix my noisy "Maserati" toilet   |   What is this Navy medal?? Newer »