Help me find this specific octopus hair clip.

My octopus hair clip just broke. This is the best one I’ve ever found and I fear I won’t be able to replace it. Here is a picture of the two broken halves and one of how they fit together.

I probably bought it at Target or Walgreens within the last two years. I am not sure of the brand. When I search for large hair clips now, I get ones with teeth that are curved in one dimension and S shaped in another. My clip’s teeth are only curved in one dimension, but the teeth go around the sides in a way that most hair clips don’t. Is there a special name for this clip other than octopus? I have been looking for backups for several months. I don’t need suggestions on how to fix it.
posted by soelo to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Is this Scunci claw close?
posted by Squeak Attack at 8:02 AM on December 29

No, the teeth on that are all parallel and none go around the sides.
posted by soelo at 8:24 AM on December 29

I found this one.
posted by thelastpolarbear at 8:43 AM on December 29

Funny, I came to post the same claw that thelastpolarbear found. I located it by searching for "oval hair claw" on Amazon.
posted by sockermom at 9:12 AM on December 29

How about this one?
posted by essexjan at 12:03 PM on December 29

Thanks, everyone. “Claw” is the term I was missing.
posted by soelo at 12:04 PM on December 29

I just bought an identical one at a dollar store a couple months ago. If you have one close by it would be worth taking a look.
posted by stoneweaver at 12:53 PM on December 29 [1 favorite]

I may have one of those hanging around at my mom's house. It was a gift and I never used it because that type doesn't work for me. Memail me and if it's still around, I'll mail it to you.
posted by mightshould at 1:11 PM on December 29

I just picked one up at Sally, thanks!
posted by soelo at 2:41 PM on December 29 [1 favorite]

« Older My landlord won't fix my noisy "Maserati" toilet   |   What is this Navy medal?? Newer »