What live sports worldwide can I stream free with my VPN?

I am based in the U.S. but have a VPN. I enjoy watching live sports, especially various football codes (soccer, rugby, Aussie rules, Gaelic or Canadian football) and snooker, but other things too. Top flight competition is fine, but I enjoy minor league events as well: in the last few weeks I've streamed 3. Liga matches on German public television and a Welsh-language broadcast of Welsh Premiership Rugby via the BBC iPlayer, for instance. What kinds of other free but perhaps geographically restricted sports broadcasts could I be enjoying?
posted by sy to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Australia's summer of tennis literally kicked off today. For the next month or so you get all the pre tournaments plus the aus open. There's a shit tonne of cricket on the teevs here at the moment as well. Too hot for football, I'm afraid!
posted by smoke at 6:44 PM on December 28, 2018 [1 favorite]

It's not too hot for certain types of Australian football!! You can watch full W-League and A-League games and livestreams (Australia's women's and men's soccer) on the My Football channel on YouTube, if you live in a country that hasn't purchased the rights ;)
posted by moody cow at 8:47 PM on December 28, 2018

Once cycling season gets underway... cycling. There's really nothing like the Spring Classic races, which run more or less from late February through April.
posted by entropone at 5:18 AM on December 29, 2018

« Older help me shop for a classical guitar?   |   Is there any such thing as “government only” guns... Newer »