What should I get this person for Christmas?
December 17, 2018 3:01 AM   Subscribe

I drew someone for Secret Santa and I'm drawing a blank. She likes backstabbing board games, people playing with her hair, and photography.
posted by chaiminda to Shopping (13 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Something like this? http://www.orgasmatron.com.au (despite the name, SFW.)
posted by freethefeet at 3:38 AM on December 17, 2018 [4 favorites]

Coup is a good hidden-role/bluffing board (card) game if it's in your budget.
posted by EndsOfInvention at 3:55 AM on December 17, 2018

Saboteur is a fun little game, and inexpensive.
posted by Metroid Baby at 4:22 AM on December 17, 2018 [3 favorites]

Secret Hitler! It got my entire extended family happily yelling at each other over Thanksgiving.
posted by punchtothehead at 5:29 AM on December 17, 2018 [4 favorites]

++++ Saboteur. Bonus points when your Swedish friend who never lies about anything draws the Saboteur card and is really, really good at it.

(okay, maybe that's just us. But the game is excellent.)
posted by joycehealy at 6:53 AM on December 17, 2018

Exploding Kittens?
posted by odinsdream at 7:04 AM on December 17, 2018

n-thing Saboteur! You can get the expansion pack (which adds additional factions) for maximum chaos and backstabbing.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf also relies a lot on bluffing, persuasion, and outright lying to win. There's a ton of expansion packs for the game (you just need the original game as the base). Daybreak is really fun (I'm spoiled and would have a hard time going back to just the original game without the Daybreak expansion roles), but there's also Vampire and Alien.
posted by devrim at 7:14 AM on December 17, 2018

"Selfie - The Game of Silly Expressions! Draw a card, take a selfie, then watch as your friends and family guess your expression" -sample challenge "Make a face you would make during a rectal exam". Should tick all 3 of her passions.
posted by rongorongo at 10:08 AM on December 17, 2018

Unstable Unicorns is great, and fairly new so she probably won't have it. the tagline is "Build a unicorn Army. Betray your friends. Unicorns are your friends now. "
posted by LKWorking at 10:33 AM on December 17, 2018

A Head Massager is cheap, fun and feels good if she likes to have people play with her hair. Here is a super cheap one.
posted by metahawk at 1:30 PM on December 17, 2018

Nthing saboteur, great game! If your budget is a little higher, Dead of Winter and Betrayal at House on the Hill are both excellent games that feature some major backstabbing/sabotage.
posted by DTMFA at 1:37 PM on December 17, 2018

+1 for betrayal at house on the hill -- it's pretty unique in mechanics, in my experience.

Other games at about that price tag, maybe somewhat less - Small worlds (land capture game where you fight other players - so much backstabbing...and stabbing in general), Illuminati (you're all secret societies trying to achieve secret goals), Gloom (make your 'family' the most depressed and then kill them off before someone else can make them happy), The Resistance (you're a resistance group, but some of you are moles for The Evil Government).
posted by bagheist at 9:12 PM on December 17, 2018

I got some cell phone lenses for some family members. They clip on and allow you to do macro or wide lens pics. They were fairly inexpensive and they loved them.
posted by jraz at 6:43 AM on December 18, 2018

« Older Friend got arrested and will probably lose his...   |   Two turntables, hold the microphone, please Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments