Open mic standup in Bay Area?

My friend is interested in performing a 5-15 minute standup set in front of a live audience. (She's never done it before.) What are some good places in the Bay Area to do this?
posted by archagon to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Start with the Bay Area Comedy Network.
posted by elsietheeel at 7:32 AM on December 4, 2018

Rooster T Feathers in Sunnyvale does that on some Wednesday nights.
posted by w0mbat at 11:13 AM on December 4, 2018

I don't know the current state of (open) mics in the bay (though elsietheeel's link looks like a good place to start), but it's worth noting that most mics will give you between 3-6 minutes, roughly, depending on the mic. Comics start short and work their way long as they get better/more experienced.
posted by wemayfreeze at 12:23 PM on December 4, 2018

I bet your friend would enjoy Westside Stories. Dave and Juliet Pokorny have been putting them on in of all places, a handcrafted port company in Petaluma, for years. It's wonderful, warm and witty and it smells so good in the venue. Hope your friend enjoys it!
posted by Lynsey at 3:48 PM on December 5, 2018

« Older Activities to make my Christmas craft party woke?   |   can credit card companies blacklist a merchant on... Newer »