Good Reference or Search Engine for Streaming/DVD Release Dates?

I rarely go to movies in the theater, but when I see a film I think I'd like that's released in cinemas, I usually want to diary when I could rent, stream, etc. it. Unfortunately, those dates are usually not easily found. What's your best reference source, search engine or website for it?
posted by WCityMike to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

DVD/streaming dates are often not announced until well after movies hit theaters so I think your best option is to add movies to a queue and have a service alert you when they're available. There are a bunch of "where do I stream this?" sites that offer watchlist/queue/alert systems. I've used JustWatch and it works well (but have not compared to the others, and have not tried out the alerts).
posted by acidic at 9:07 AM on December 1 [1 favorite]

Rotten Tomatoes has a "coming soon to DVD/streaming" section. You get about a month lead time at best, but I have found it useful to jog the memory about stuff I missed in theaters. There's also a "New Releases" page for stuff that has come out in the previous month or so.
posted by soundguy99 at 9:26 AM on December 1

videoeta
posted by brujita at 9:53 AM on December 1 [1 favorite]

Not quite, but: https://instantwatcher.com/
posted by humboldt32 at 10:26 AM on December 1

« Older Historical monthly temperatures for Seattle?   |   How well has 5 htp and l-tyrosine worked for you? Newer »