Web content about sex and stuff
November 10, 2018 9:05 AM   Subscribe

Looking to beef up my RSS feed with good stuff about sex and sexuality. What are the best, most reliable sources of content out there?

I need to gather articles, essays and such for my workplace’s social media channels. Seeking content about sex, sexuality, gender, LGBTQ+ (although our focus isn’t super political), etc.. I’m already following Bustle, TheSexEd.com and the “sexuality” topic on Medium, but I’m sure I’m missing tons. Sure do miss Nerve.com.

A sex positive perspective is good. Spicy is ok, smutty ain’t. Cosmo sex tips, not so much. So whatcha got? Thanks!
posted by 2or3whiskeysodas to Writing & Language (10 answers total) 21 users marked this as a favorite

Maybe autostraddle?
posted by jeoc at 9:28 AM on November 10, 2018 [1 favorite]

Scarleteen!
posted by virago at 9:35 AM on November 10, 2018 [2 favorites]

Oh Joy Sex Toy is a perennial delight. They wander in and out of the smut end of the spectrum, so it may not suit your needs exactly, but there's a ton of valuable, accessible educational/informational content there.
posted by katieinshoes at 9:46 AM on November 10, 2018 [3 favorites]

Not sure if it’s quite right but Oh Joy Sex Toy is a webcomic that is informative, very sex positive and LGBT friendly.
Edit: jinx
posted by SaltySalticid at 9:47 AM on November 10, 2018

Sexplanations
posted by fluttering hellfire at 9:56 AM on November 10, 2018

Specifically on Autostraddle, you might want to check out their NSFW Sundays column, which is collections of link roundups on sex/sexuality/relationship related stuff from a queer lady perspective. The photos in the posts are indeed NSFW, but a lot of the content is more on the thoughtful end than the smutty end.
posted by ITheCosmos at 10:07 AM on November 10, 2018 [1 favorite]

I like Cerebral Sexuality.
posted by daisyk at 10:28 AM on November 10, 2018

Sex and Psychology is great. It focuses on research and debunking myths or answering common questions.
posted by bellebethcooper at 12:39 PM on November 10, 2018

Wow, I thought, "Oh, this is easy", and then went to that folder in my RSS reader and nobody's published in ages. So I'll add Eros Blog. Though that probably ends up smutty more often than you wanted.
posted by straw at 2:27 PM on November 10, 2018

https://m.webtoons.com/en/slice-of-life/boo-its-sex/list?title_no=1413&webtoon-platform-redirect=true

Boo! It's Sex. College students. A ghost with encyclopedick knowledge of sex. Pretty good. Danielle Corsetto does it, she's got a pretty good record on sex positive stuff
posted by Jacen at 8:38 PM on November 11, 2018

« Older Yet another budget app question   |   How to have a good weekend Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments