Looking for podcasts in French
October 17, 2018 12:20 PM   Subscribe

Formerly fluent in French and I'd like to get back in the groove with some podcasts. Not interested in straight nightly news-type programs or anything for language learners. English language podcasts I enjoy: The Bugle (more when John was on), 99% Invisible, Planet Money, Hidden Brain. Anything you like along those lines?
posted by waninggibbon to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 38 users marked this as a favorite

Transfert
posted by Sijeka at 3:00 PM on October 17, 2018 [3 favorites]

La Marche de l'Histoire

I should have some more but my source is hard to reach currently. If I don't remember to follow up and post more and you don't get enough other suggestions, memail me a reminder.
posted by ropeladder at 5:25 PM on October 17, 2018 [1 favorite]

Autour de la question features discussions with experts about interesting issues in all kinds of fields, ranging from the natural sciences and technology to psychology, philosophy, and economics.
posted by datarose at 1:39 AM on October 18, 2018 [2 favorites]

Les Pieds sur Terre : the producers originally took their inspiration from This American Life
La Bulle économique or, if you find the format too short (4mn), Entendez-vous l'éco ? But I prefer Marie Viennot's Bulle, she is somehow fresher, more original.
Grand bien vous fasse easy listening show, can be too chatty and superficial, often features authors of pop psychology books but at times also more serious experts
La série documentaire
posted by bluedora at 1:10 PM on October 18, 2018 [1 favorite]

You can use https://www.listennotes.com to search for podcasts based on category and language
posted by ayc200 at 8:37 PM on October 19, 2018 [1 favorite]

Popping in to point to my previous answer to a somewhat similar question, and to specifically call out a new find I've had since then: Distorsion: histoires étranges de l'ère numérique.

Contrary to what you might think from the title, it's not specifically about digital or tech topics, but I'd say a mix of episodes about Internet mysteries, true crime, explorations of modern life: episodes have included topics such as the Stuxnet virus in Iran's nuclear system, MH 370, the Dupont de Ligonnès murders, or cyberbullying.

(Note that this is a Québec-produced podcast, so both the presenters have light Québec accents: more noticeable than Radio-Canada, much less noticeable than colloquial speech.)
posted by andrewesque at 12:49 PM on October 29, 2018 [1 favorite]

« Older Listing conference presentations on CV - stop or...   |   Help me help my "short" son Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.