LF PDF of Current Agreement and Working Rules NECA + AEC + IBEW Local 3

I'm looking for the current (Nov 2017 - 2020) version of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NEW YORK ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION, INC. and the ASSOCIATION OF ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS, INC. and LOCAL UNION NO. 3 INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS, AFL-CIO.

Labor agreements seem to be in the public domain, but I can only find PDFs freely available up to 2004. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
posted by gzimmer to Law & Government (2 answers total)

There is the Collective Bargaining Agreements File: Online Listings of Private and Public Sector Agreements from the Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) that states: "Documents are submitted by signatories on a voluntary basis. Therefore, some materials may not be current or available for all major bargaining units."

There is an Access file you can download with an index and some contact information at the bottom of the page.
posted by slipthought at 12:30 PM on October 17, 2018

I'm not sure the private sector ones are, in fact, required to be made available to the public, but if it were me I would just call the parties to the agreement and ask for a copy. For IBEW, I'd try Local 3 first and then the international.

Are you sure a 2017-2020 CBA exists? Unions don't always sign a new agreement for every period. It's common for CBAs to contain a clause (e.g. Article I, Section 2(a) here) specifying that the agreement remains in effect until terminated. It's also common for the parties to agree to extend the prior CBA via a memorandum of understanding. So, the "current" version of this agreement could be dated prior to 2017.

Cornell has a listing of CBA repositories. None of the private sector repositories are going to be complete, though.

One could try searching PACER (the federal court database, which charges per page) or RECAP (the free but incomplete PACER archive) for IBEW 3 suits in which they may have attached the CBA as an exhibit. (The court you want here is probably the Eastern District of New York.) In this case, I'm not sure how helpful it would be; the agreement you're looking for is fairly new, so it may not be the subject of a labor dispute yet. Also, they often attach only an excerpt. Just wanted to mention in case it is helpful to other readers.
posted by leeloo minai at 7:02 PM on October 20, 2018

« Older How to get creative with a zombie costume?   |   Listing conference presentations on CV - stop or... Newer »