Songs like Clair de Lune by Flight Facilities

Tell me about more songs like Clair de lune by flight facilities. I love the bass-y synth throughout. I love the ethereal vocals and the tune. I love how atmospheric it sounds. I already love purity ring and odesza and I have pandora and Spotify! Thanks.
posted by bookworm4125 to Media & Arts (9 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

A lot of stuff by Sensible Soccers is similar, if you're not familiar with them already.
posted by hasna at 4:38 PM on September 30, 2018

No, that doesn't really do it. No vocals. Thanks anyway hasna
posted by bookworm4125 at 8:52 PM on September 30, 2018

This song reminds me a little of Portishead, but they’re so well known I imagine you already know them. How about Trespassers William? Laura Veirs, Lia Ices, Azure Ray, Kate Havnevik, Maria Taylor?
posted by Illuminated Clocks at 11:41 PM on September 30, 2018

You might like songs by Blond Redhead (try song "23"), Mazzy Star, Camera Obscura, Esthero, Maps (You don't know her name), Slowdive. Some of these might not be on spotify, I find a lot through youtube, I used to find a lot of great stuff on blip.fm but that was years and years ago.
posted by lafemma at 6:45 AM on October 1, 2018 [1 favorite]

You might like Telepopmusik
posted by ananci at 1:11 PM on October 1, 2018 [1 favorite]

The style is 'tropical house'.

Here are a couple of mixes that might do it for you [1] [2]

As artists go, Satin Jackets is probably worth checking out (plenty of free listening).
posted by bifter at 2:46 PM on October 1, 2018

Sorry to threadsit! I am familiar with Maria Taylor (definitely not what I'm looking for, unless I'm unaware of some of her library, which is highly possible) and Mazzy Star (way too downtempo/mumbly). I really dislike Portishead (cannot stand the vocals!). I think the Telepopmusik and HVOB stuff is closest so far. Will check out Camera Obscura, Esthero, Maps, Satin Jacket, Trespassers William, Laura Veirs, Lia Ices, Azure Ray, Kate Havnevik and Slowdive. Thanks.
posted by bookworm4125 at 4:56 PM on October 1, 2018

« Older blink, blur, swipe, whirr   |   What can I do for my friend in the hospital? Newer »