Help me track down a reddit thread? Adults diagnosed with type1 diabetes

Asking for a miracle: I believe this thread was posted within the last year, but it could have been the last two years. This comment thread was unrelated (or only semi-related) to the content of the actual link posted to reddit.

One commenter wrote about how they knew of a person who had been recently diagnosed with type-1 diabetes as an adult. They said this person lived in New Jersey in a region near a pharmaceutical plant (it wasn't a conspiracy subreddit; they were just making the observation perhaps with some distaste for the pharmaceutical company). Several (at least 4 or 5, I think) other people commented to say that they, too, lived in the same area and either knew someone who had been diagnosed, or had themselves been diagnosed with type-1 diabetes as adults. None of the people who commented had a family history of type-1 diabetes.

I learned recently that a friend of a friend was also just diagnosed with type-1 diabetes as an adult and who lives in New Jersey. I'd love to be able to connect them to that thread to see if it was the same area.

The thread was entirely anecdotal, but I found it striking how many people had the same unusual story (and yes, I know it's not unheard of for adults to be newly diagnosed with type-1 diabetes). I would also be interested to see any publications or news reports concerning other instances of type-1 diabetes "popping up" in adults all living in the same region.

Note: I posted the same question in this subreddit.
posted by Oliva Porphyria to Grab Bag (5 answers total)

Looks like several comments have since been deleted but could it be this?
posted by paperback version at 9:01 PM on September 6

Wow, thanks! This is exactly the thread I was thinking of!
posted by Oliva Porphyria at 5:37 AM on September 7

Note that the "see deleted Reddit comment" sites like Removeddit tend to change or go down regularly from overuse or Reddit code changes that break them. So you should save the un-deleted comments in a backup file if you want to keep them long term.
posted by nicebookrack at 2:47 PM on September 7

This is relevant to my interests. This tends to happen to adults on my mom's side of the family when they're in their forties.
posted by los pantalones del muerte at 11:18 PM on September 7

« Older Seeking intriguing articles and videos about...   |   Singer Featherweight 221-1 keeps jamming up on me. Newer »