Weather app with dew point forecasts?

Is there a weather app for iOS that provides an hour-by-hour dew point forecasts?

I'm basically looking for a weather app that shows the green line on this NOAA chart, which is the dew point*. Most if not all weather apps (such as Wunderground which I otherwise love) do this for temperature, but in the humid subtropical/continental climates I live in and often travel to, I always want to know the dew point. The NOAA page works fine in a pinch for US locations, but it's not mobile-optimized and obviously doesn't provide this information for non-US locations.

*The superior measurement of humidity compared to % humidity
posted by andrewesque to Technology (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Darksky does that.
posted by JayRwv at 7:35 AM on August 16, 2018

JayRwv: I see in DarkSky's notes on the app store that it's "available in the US, UK and Ireland" -- does this mean that it doesn't provide forecasts for non-US/UK/Irish locations? I'd download to test myself but don't want to spend $4 if it doesn't provide this functionality.

I should have specified in my OP -- this app needs to provide this information for worldwide locations (within reason, I expect major cities to have this info but maybe not small rural stations)
posted by andrewesque at 7:43 AM on August 16, 2018

Weatherbug does it. I don't know how accurate the international stuff is (I am in the US) but I just pulled up Singapore and it had data. On the hourly tab you click on the drop down arrow next to the day, and it expands out the basic 4 categories (time, temp, cloudy, precip) into 8 (adding humidity, feels like, wind direction and speed, and dew point). It's free.
posted by clone boulevard at 7:51 AM on August 16, 2018

andrewesque: Dark Sky is also darksky.net, which seems to handle non-US locations, so I'd say there's a good chance.
posted by WCityMike at 8:55 AM on August 16, 2018

Weather Underground also has dew point. I don't think you need it hour by hour per se, because the dew point really doesn't change much unless there is a major system blowing in.
posted by The_Vegetables at 8:56 AM on August 16, 2018

The Darksky app has % humidity, not dew point :(
posted by halfsquaretriangle at 7:54 PM on August 19, 2018

> halfsquaretriangle: "The Darksky app has % humidity, not dew point :("

The Dark Sky app definitely has dew point. Try taking your finger on that row of data types (temp, feels like, etc.) and moving it.
posted by WCityMike at 1:03 PM on August 20, 2018

« Older Please recommend a good VGA to HDMI adapter   |   Frustrated ITunes DeeJay Question Newer »