Vasectomy reversal specialist recommendations?
July 11, 2018 8:44 AM   Subscribe

Have read extensively about vasectomy reversals so have a general idea of what to expect process-wise. Now looking for specific recommendations for doctors/centers from those who have gone through a reversal or were closely involved in one (such as partners).

Prefer locations in the Northeast US but willing to travel around North America. What experience did you (or a close one) have with the doctor, and why would you recommend this person/clinic? What questions would you recommend asking the doctor beforehand? Throwaway email:
posted by anonymous to Grab Bag (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
The doctor my ex got his from has retired. But we chose based on experience. We traveled out of state to go to a center that did hundreds per year, instead of using a local urologist who had done, like, five. I'm pretty sure that's a better way to go.

So I would ask about experience and success rate. (They won't be able to give a PREGNANCY success rate but they should be able to give a "viable semen was present after operation" success rate.)
posted by metasarah at 10:38 AM on July 11, 2018

I had my vas done by Dr Paul Turek in the Bay Area. I did a lot of research, and he had a great reputation for both vasectomy and vasectomy reversal, those are his specialties.
posted by ethical_caligula at 6:28 PM on July 11, 2018

« Older What was that big headed, faceted, transparent...   |   Healthy foot shoes... for kids? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.