Babymoon in the Seattle Area

We're looking to do a 1-2 night getaway within 2-3 hours of Seattle. Criteria follows!

Our daughter is nearly two and I'm expecting again, and my husband and I have yet to spend a night away since the first was born. We want to remedy that! I'm looking for something that will be reliably sunny during the reliably sunny part of Seattle summer, with a nice outdoor pool, decent food options nearby and with some outdoor activities available (light hiking, kayaking, river floating, etc). It needs to be within a 2-3 hour drive of Seattle and not a place I should have booked a year ago if I'd like to go between now and early September. Bonus if there's a good spa on site, points deducted if it's a totally brewery/winery/distillery centric place (i.e. Cave B, Woodinville, etc). Does not need to be kid friendly, our toddler will stay home with grandparents.
posted by whodatninja to Travel & Transportation around Seattle, WA (4 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

It's probably more like 3.5 hours from Seattle, but I'd go to Skamania. It's a gorgeous setting in the Columbia River Gorge, with multiple outdoor activities nearby. There's a zipline onsite, and they have tree houses if that interests you.
posted by hydra77 at 1:37 PM on July 9, 2018 [1 favorite]

Victoria, BC meets all of those needs.
posted by JamesBay at 2:08 PM on July 9, 2018 [1 favorite]

Leavenworth has all those things.
posted by seasparrow at 2:16 PM on July 9, 2018

Suncadia would fit the bill. It's not the way to get a good rate, but I've booked things last minute there.
posted by The corpse in the library at 5:08 PM on July 9, 2018

« Older What are your favorite zucchini recipes?   |   Google Analytics - How do I report this (metric X... Newer »