Help me find these talon/pointy earrings
May 16, 2018 9:54 PM   Subscribe

I saw someone wearing gold stud earrings that I really liked last week. They were small but looked like little talons or horns with a slight curve. No more than 1/2" to 3/4" long. Very poor sketch here. Anyone have an idea of where I could find these? I've googled talon/pointy studs with no luck.
posted by arnicae to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

These are at Etsy
posted by hortense at 10:01 PM on May 16

You might have luck with the phrases "ear crawler" or "crawler earrings."
posted by fluffy battle kitten at 11:06 PM on May 16

ha i was gonna post the exact same link. here!
posted by speakeasy at 11:07 PM on May 16

Pamela Love makes a lot of pointy tusky designs - check out her work for *incision (Hahaha it autocorrected inspiration but it can stay!)
posted by teststrip at 12:06 AM on May 17

These or these? (I have the mini ones and love them!)
posted by kitty teeth at 12:17 AM on May 17

If it stuck out instead of going up the ear flat, then I bet it was a thorn earring like this
posted by rmless at 2:08 PM on May 17

I can't get your image to show up... any chance you can post another?

Based on other responses, it sounds like you're looking for something similar to a lot of earrings I have. Useful keywords have been "spike," "bar," "sharp," "geometric," "stick," and "minimalist." I wouldn't necessarily use "stud" when searching, as some people/manufacturers don't seem to use that word at all. This is particularly true on Aliexpress (which I recommend), but I've noticed it elsewhere as well.
posted by jessicapierce at 9:42 PM on May 17

I just saw some similar looking ones posted here, on sale via Noihsaf Bazaar on Instagram
posted by inkytea at 6:10 PM on May 27

« Older Journal prompts, but the same ones every day   |   In search of somewhere peaceful for Fourth of July... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments