Minimalist metta meditations?

Looking for brief, chill, mettabhavana (lovingkindness) meditations. What are your favorites? More inside.

I'm looking for metta meditations that:

* Contain some guidance but not a ton. I find it hard to concentrate on the object of meditation when someone is talking all the time.
* Don't have music. A temple bell at the beginning and end is fine.
* Are no longer than 30 minutes

A good example is Bodhipaksa's mettabhavana meditation on the Insight Timer app. I've used that one for a long time, though, and I need to mix it up.
posted by Sheydem-tants to Religion & Philosophy (2 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

I’m not familiar with your reference meditation so this may or may not be a good fit. Free, no music, about eleven minutes long. The first minute or so has more talking as he sets it up. I think you can skip that using the Soundcloud app or on their website. Bonus (for me): a Scottish accent that sets his voice apart from what I hear around me every day.
posted by mrcrow at 10:24 AM on April 20, 2018

The CD that comes with Insight Meditation: A Step-by-step Course has 20 minute meditations with a little guidance and a lot of silence. Lesson 9 is metta meditation.
posted by BeHereNow at 8:24 PM on April 21, 2018 [1 favorite]

« Older New woodworker seeks advice for bathroom vanity...   |   Has anyone here used a good wearable with a smart... Newer »