Help me remember this website

I'm trying to remember a website, hoping MeFi can help me. Sorry, I know this is vague. It's just a list of documents gathered from different places -- similar concept to The Smoking Gun though I think the subject matter was different.

* I think I probably knew it from mentions on Slashdot years ago.
* It had a very simple text-based layout, no pictures. Almost looked like a terminal. Light text on dark background
* Each line is one document -- with a name and brief description
posted by duoshao to Computers & Internet (9 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

textfiles.com?
posted by rlk at 2:59 PM on April 15

popurls.com started out that way, back then. Now it has hover-preview and other modern touches, and has moved to a dark text on white background.

So did Arts and Letters Daily, for that matter, although it has always had that pinkish background color, so probably not what you are looking for.
posted by seasparrow at 3:09 PM on April 15

textfiles.com is not it, but the format is very similar.
posted by duoshao at 3:20 PM on April 15

It's been dead for over a decade, but internalmemos.com was similar to what you describe, part of the Fucked Company operation.
posted by zachlipton at 3:33 PM on April 15

thememoryhole2.org comes to mind.
posted by odinsdream at 3:35 PM on April 15

Robot Wisdom?
posted by davebush at 4:03 PM on April 15

cryptome.org? (colors used to be different a long time ago)

memepool.com?
posted by JoeZydeco at 4:08 PM on April 15 [1 favorite]

JoeZydeco nailed it, it's cryptome!

Thank you for rescuing my brain!
posted by duoshao at 4:11 PM on April 15

Almost didn't say it because you confirmed the textfiles/jwz eyeburn color scheme, but I'm glad it worked out. Cryptome is a great site.
posted by JoeZydeco at 5:59 PM on April 15

« Older How does an adult with high-functioning autism...   |   Bulk source for decent paintable wood small ring... Newer »